HONOR THOSE WHO DIED IN BATTLE ON SEPTEMBER 26
The 2019 “NJ Run For The Fallen” will pass through Sea Isle City on Thurs., Sept. 26 in honor of military heroes from the Garden State who died in battle. All residents and visitors are encouraged to
stand along Landis Avenue as active duty military members run through town while traveling from Cape May to the Gold Star Family Monument in Holmdel, NJ. The runners will stop at five locations (“Hero Markers”), where they will pause for a brief ceremony with Gold Star Families before moving on:
• Hero Marker #140: 1:55 p.m., 89th & Landis.
• Hero Marker #141: 2:11 p.m., 64th and Landis.
• Hero Marker #141.5: 2:18 p.m., 46th and Landis.
• Hero Markers # 142 and #143: 2:26 p.m., JFK at the Promenade.
• Hero Marker #144: 2:36 p.m., 22nd & Landis.
CLICK HERE for more info about the 2019 NJ Run For The Fallen
The results are in from the questionnaire that was offered during and after the City’s June 29th Town Hall Meeting regarding the future of the public school property at 4501 Park Road. The questionnaire asked property owners, residents and visitors to choose between the following three options: 1) Renovate the Existing School Building; 2) Build a New Recreation Facility without a Pool; and 3) Build a New Recreation Facility with a Pool. CLICK HERE to view the results of that questionnaire. Please see the section below for more info about the Public School Property.
PRESENTATION ON THE PUBLIC SCHOOL PROPERTY:
During the June 11 City Council meeting, the City’s Administration delivered a presentation regarding the former public school at 4501 Park Road, which briefly outlined the property’s history, its current uses and the findings of an ad-hoc committee that was formed to explore options for the property’s future.
CLICK HERE to view the June 11 Power Point Presentation
CITY COUNCIL'S NEXT MEETING:
The next City Council meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 24, at 10:00 a.m. in Council Chambers, located on the third floor of City Hall.
To receive Sea Isle City's E-Newsletters, E-Alerts and Reverse 9-1-1 Calls, click the "Register for City News" link above.
CLICK HERE for Sea Isle City's September 12, 2019 E-Newsletter.
Master Plan Re-Examination Update:
The Master Plan re-examination report was adopted by the City’s Planning Board on August 14, 2017. In previous reviews by City Council of the re-examination report, council members were in agreement to move forward and prioritize several of the recommendations contained within the report, including…
• Evaluate satellite parking lots
• Increase requirements for residential and mixed-use parking
Parks, Recreation & Open Space:
• Recommend a professional facility study be performed on the former Public School Building (this should have a high funding priority)
• Demolish the Old Fire House on West Jersey Avenue and use that space to augment recreation or parking
• Perform a study to determine the feasibility and funding for a kayak and paddleboard launch and storage area at Dealy Field – and also adding a boardwalk along the bay for educational nature trails
Storm Water Management:
• Prepare a comprehensive Flood Control Plan in partnership with the County to address flooding issues
• Work with Federal, State and County government to address bay flooding solutions
• Formalize a designated person, who will work directly with the business community and Chamber of Commerce to achieve common goals
Master Plan Re-Examination Draft:
CLICK HERE to view the adopted Master Plan Re-Exam Report (August 2017).
Master Plan Re-Examination Survey:
In 2015, Sea Isle City created a survey as part of the Master Plan Re-Examinatino Process. The results from that survey are available in a 21-page document. The Master Plan Re-Examination is still underway, and the results from the survey are a useful tool for that process.
CLICK HERE to view the survey results.
FLOODPLAIN MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
Sea Isle City’s Floodplain Management Planning Committee will host public meetings on the third floor of City Hall, 233 JFK Boulevard, at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 22, and Tuesday, December 10. All are welcome to attend.
SEA ISLE CITY FLOOD MITIGATION STUDY - NOVEMBER 13, 2018
Sea Isle City’s Engineer recently completed a city-wide Flood Mitigation Study, which examined Sea Isle’s drainage system and each of its components. Listed below are the findings from that study which was made public during the November 13th City Council meeting.
2018 Flood Mitigation Study Results
2018 Flood Mitigation Study Mapping